Tuesday, November 2, 2010

20 pounds by February

Two years ago I stopped seeing my nutritionist after losing 40 pounds.  Since then, I've gained some weight back - 20 pounds to be exact. After a very long decision making process, I started seeing her again yesterday. She is one of my favorite people. So many experts talk about weight loss, but very few make sense to me. This doctor knows how to explain things to me in a way that I can accept. My first goal is to lose 20 pounds by February. After February, we'll see.

One of the many things we discussed yesterday was how people fall back on old behaviors, even when they think they've learned new ones. This is what happened to me and now I'm ready to confront this issue and make some changes.

Doctor C. and I decided to work with exchanges. I'm counting my food by different categories.

7 proteins
6 starches
5 fats
5 + (non-starch) veggies
2 dairy
2 fruit

To help me, Doc C. gave me a food exchange book written by the American Diabetes Association to help diabetics keep track of their sugars and carbs.

So far today, I've had 1.5 starch, 2 dairy, 2 fat, 3 veg, 3 protien and 1 fruit.  That leaves me with a nice allowance for dinner.

More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment