Sunday, November 7, 2010

Day 6

Yesterday, I did not eat enough food. It's hard on days that I'm out of the house all day. I worked a long, long day. For lunch/dinner I went to Hallo Berlin and had the Dr. Atkin's special, which consisted of mostly sausage and sauerkraut. It was a lot leaner than I expected. When I got home last night, I knew I hadn't eat enough starch because I was sooooo hungry. So, I ate a cup of brown rice (3 starch counts) with some left over cabbage from the other day.

As if I wasn't eating enough cabbage, this evening for dinner I cooked potatoes and pork with sauerkraut in my ceramic cooking pot. I'm still having a starch issue.

I had a cereal bar which provides me with 1 1/2 starches. Tonight I'm going drinking with friends so that will fill out the starch alottment. 

Another area where I fell short yesterday was Non-starchy vegetables. I made up for that today by eating a big salad for lunch and by adding four small cucumbers to my evening meal. 

For the remainder of the day, I can still eat 1 dairy count, 1 fruit count and some more fat. Although my salad did have nuts which I counted as 1 fat for the day. And as many non-starchy vegetable as I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment