Monday, November 15, 2010

Day 15 - 7 pounds

Today I checked in with my nutritionist. I lost seven pounds.  Yay!!! That means in the first two weeks I've lost 3.5 pounds per week.  That is a little fast. A  more normal weight loss for me is general 1.5 to 2 pounds per week. But apparently the weight comes off more quickly in the beginning. If I could keep up 3.5 pounds per week I would meet my goal of losing 20 pounds sooner than February.

We discussed how much of a struggle it's been the second time around. Apparently, this is common for people who find themselves having to diet again. 

I talked about the conflict between my heart and my head. In my heart, I want to be instantly thinner without doing any of the work. Of course, I know this is impossible. You have to work for things that you want. And I really have to put in the work if I want to lose the weight.

Ultimately, I would like to drop 40 pounds by this time next year.  To tell you the truth, I would like to drop 40 pounds by tomorrow, but the first objective is more achievable.

1 comment: