Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Day 2 - Ground Turkey

Yesterday went pretty well in terms of counting my food, but in terms of planning it, I was shooting from the hip. I went to the grocery store and picked up a few food tools that will help me for the next few days.

My nutritionist allotted me 5 vegetables every day. But don't get the wrong idea. She told me that this is just a guide and if I want, I can eat more than that, as long as they are non-starchy vegetables like potatoes or beans like chick peas. Cucumbers and lettuce are a great go to. They are crunchy, nutritious and satisfying. Plus, lettuce and other salad greens are considered free foods which means I can eat them without limitation. There are other free foods but some of them have limitations and counts which is kind of confusing but it's all part of the work.

Tonight I'm planning something that I hope will be yummy for dinner. Yesterday, I picked up some ground turkey meat, ginger and mushrooms. I plan to mix that all together with an egg white. And then make turkey burgers which I'm hoping won't be dry and bland. Every ounce of ground turkey counts as 1 protein and 1 fat. So the rest of my day, is going to planned around eating 3 to 4 ounces of my patties.

That's going to be tough. The fat count is very restrictive. But it was paying attention to starches and fats that helped with my intitial weight loss 2 years ago.

I'm determined to make this happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment